Can you believe it’s February already? With a brand new year well underway and the way time flies so quickly, isn’t it time to consider really taking care of yourself and improving your quality of life?
At Calgary Laserworks we are truly here to help you succeed, whether it is to end your addiction to nicotine or reduce stress so that you don’t feel you have a need to rely on cigarette smoking.
According to the Canadian Lung Association COPD is short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. COPD is an umbrella term used to describe progressive lung diseases including emphysema, chronic bronchitis and refractory (non-reversible) asthma. This disease is characterized by increasing breathlessness.
While COPD is a disease commonly caused by smoking, and there is currently no cure, you can slow the progression of COPD and improve your lung function by quitting smoking.
Some COPD facts:
- Six times as many men as women die of COPD
- There are over 1.5 million Canadians who are diagnosed with COPD
- As many as 1.6 million Canadians may have COPD but remain undiagnosed
- The primary cause of COPD is long-term cigarette smoking
- Other irritants can cause COPD , including secondhand smoke, cigar smoke, pipe smoke, air pollution and workplace exposure to dust, smoke or fumes
The good news is that laser treatments can help you quit smoking and help you get on with the important business of improving your quality of life.
Don’t suffer any longer. Laser therapy is safe, easy, affordable and effective.
Call 403-301-3730 today to discover how laser treatments can assist YOU in your effort to kick the habit. You won’t regret it.